About six months ago I took sawdust, acrylic paint and paper and smashed them all together. The end result was dreadful but I didn't toss it. Last night I pull the blotched texture experiment from my drawer, scanned it and started to play. The very first image in the small gallery is the horrid texture, the other images are my play.
I drew shapes then filled them with the original image and then changed the color with the colour wheel to get tree green or sunny yellow, etc. I tried in most cases to keep the original texture but obviously some of them strayed kind of far.
The gallery is a typical example of how far from an original idea I get with most of my work.