SUNDRIP - Art for Life is a site that expresses in every media possible an intimate look into the life of a person living with major trauma. The issues addressed in art and writing include Dissociative Identity Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Lupus and Chronic Regional Sympathetic Dystrophy. Despite these issues, I intend to move forward, through and out with honor, grace and creativity.
At SUNDRIP- Art for Life you will find joyful art, sorrowful art and art created simply to pass the time. These pieces show healing in all its stages.
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT ME:
- I was born to be a chef. I knew at age 8 I was going to be a chef. I did it!!! My life tide changed and now I am in a different art field.
- Art saved my life.
- I paint on canvas, wood, cardboard boxes, brown paper bags and other alternative surfaces.
- I prefer to paint with a dry brush, and boy am I hard on my brushes.
- I have more shades of green than any other hue in my paint collection.
- I use bright colors in my work but my home decor is earth tones.
- I love to draw bare trees.
- I've been painting and drawing since I was a wee little one.
- I've continued my interest in abstract work and hope to improve that skill.
- When I make the first stroke there is a sense of relief because I know I'm going to release a lot what I call brain vomit. It's funny because others see it so differently but that's the thing about art, it touches us all differently. That's okay.
- Self confidence is low.
- I'm a very sensitive person. I feel quite intensely at times, so much so that if there were a spark I feel I might go up in flames.
- I think a lot.
- Paper is beautiful. I love how it feels. I love the music when brush meets paper.
- I'm proud to say that two unborn children were given my art for their nursery room. That still makes me smile. How awesome is that!
- I am about 80% home bound now due to Lupus and Chronic Regional Sympathetic Dystrophy. For three years my doctor, nurses and CNA's came to my home for my care. At this time friends have volunteered to help instead of CNA's. I am blessed.
- I'm an avid reader. I love to learn new things. I have a strong interest in biology.
- I hate water but I love the life that grows in it. I'm an aquarist with 12+ years of experience. I belong to the aquarium club here.
- Dogs over cats. Pie over cake. Ice cream is divine. Tea over coffee. Hardcover over eBooks.
- If I am to have a legacy at all, I do not wish to be known as Faith the artist. I want to be known as the woman who offered encouragement, a listening ear and empathy. That means more to me than anything else.
Get to know me a bit more by flipping through the pages of this journal. Sit back, get comfortable, stay awhile. This blog is interactive. I like comments. Please feel free to comment when ever you'd like.
November 11th I was told that what was thought to be Fibromyalgia is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.
About Me, Too is the page that discusses further my mental health diagnosis. The page is public but it is primarily for me to keep track of changes associated with Dissociative Identity Disorder.